How a Spa website can help you in bringing more people to your place?
It’s a world of digitization now. Facebook, Google, Amazon and many more are on the way to AI. People like to visit the place virtually first before going there physically. Having a website can help your potential customers a lot to know about you and your services. Some of the eye catching benefits by having a Spa website for your salon are:
- Enhance brand impression
- Have continuous visitors
- Increase geographical area disregard of the physical location: A website enables you to connect with people if various areas, cities, countries. This way one can reach to many people easily by seating in their office only.
- engage more with the customers that improvise the customer relationship.
Now, as you know the benefits of the website to your salon, we should move ahead towards what actions can be taken to have these benefits actually. A SPA website can be built with many different ways. A skilled developer can do it for you as well as you can do it yourself too by using WordPress.
Build a SPA website using WordPress
Creating a website in WordPress is as easy as learning android mobile phone as a new gadget. You can play with it, experiment with it and there is a big community who helps you with various apps (In terms of WordPress there are plugins and themes).
WordPress is Free as well! WordPress is basically a Content Management System that enables one to create/edit/manage website without any formal knowledge of mind-numbing things like HTML, CSS, PHP, etc… Wanna know more on “Why to use WordPress to build your website?” Click here.
Choose a Domain
Domain is one of the most important part of the website. Choosing a correct domain helps you in marketing and SEO much. It also helps in branding. For example: Amazon.com does not help SEO wise while it works as brand for sure. It is easy to remember and everyone knows what’s “Amazon.com”.
There are many domain providers. Some of the domain providers I suggest are listed below. Reason being is they provide you the service, email support in some cases as well and initially they charge low.
Tip: Some of the hosting providers, provide free hosting for first year. You can go for that as well if you need to buy domain and hosting both.
Choose a hosting
For a Spa website, web space required would be less and it won’t be much hectic unless you are allowing online bookings And you receive lots of bookings too. Hence, I won’t recommend to buy a high quality hosting service. Instead, I would suggest to buy a normal plan that provides basic features such as: Staging site, subdomain, storage, bandwidth, site backup and restore facility, etc… One hosting solution that might suit your need is Bluehost.
Tip: Bluehost – Linux hosting plan provides free domain for a year. It may save a few dollars for you if you buy both hosting and domain from single place.
Once you are ready with your domain and hosting set up, next step is to create a database.
- Login to the cpanel. Go to manage website.
- Go to MySQL.
- Create a database.
- Create a user and provide all privileges to the user.
- Note down all the credentials of user and database. This will be required while WordPress installation.
Download WordPress and Install it
Many hosting providers have tools using which you can install WordPress easily.
- Head over to https://wordpress.org/download/. Download the latest copy of the WordPress from there.
- Go to the “Manage Files” section in your cPanel and upload the archive to the server in root folder.
- Unzip the uploaded archive and make sure all files are in root. Example, wp-config.php should be in root files like /wp-config.php
- Open your domain url.
- Select language.
- Provide the database and user details you noted down in previous step. In some cases, host can be “localhost”. No need to change it.
- Provide any suitable username and password and other details on the next step and proceed for the last step of installation.
- Click on “Run the install” button. It will take several minutes. Once installation completes, it will ask you for login. Login with the admin user details you would have provided while installation process. You have the WordPress installed here with default theme!
Choose a WordPress theme
Now, there are two types of website people require usually:
- Showcase the services as well as sell them online.
- Showcase the services and receive inquiry for the. Customers can pay once they visit the store.
When it comes to SPA, you might be looking to develop a website for your salon where there will be different services provided by you, you can sell some of the beauty/spa products/ take online reservations as per the availability, etc… One theme named Wellness SPA may help you out here. This theme has almost all features like the mentioned requirements such as Service listing, eCommerce for SPA products, online reservation, modern looks and much more. If you are looking for a website that showcase your services and send inquiries to you. So that you can reach the people interested in your services, then a theme named “Spa – WordPress theme with page builder” may help you more.
Except these two there are some other themes available too as per these requirements. However, please take care below mentioned thigs whie you chooe a WordPress theme:
- Latest updated theme date
- Reviews/comments given by other clients
- Premium support cost
Set the content according to Spa
Once you have installed the theme, start editing it’s content and put your details. Most of the themes will have documentation available which can be used to edit the content fast and effectively.
Install must to have plugins
You have the Spa Website ready with prior steps. Now, it is the time to make it more market competitive. It will enhance the website performance. There are some WordPress plugins which are very very useful in terms of improvising the website performance.
- Super Cache: Install “WP Super cache” plugin. Caching plugin increases the websites speed. Thus users do not need to wait for long for the page to get loaded.
- All in One SEO: Install “All in One SEO” plugin. Using this plugin you can make your website search engine (Ex.: Google) friendly.
This way you can have your Spa website ready in WordPress with very less cost and some efforts. Do let me know in comments below in case any other way I can help you.